Friday, December 2, 2011

Death Comes To The Ponds

Last Sunday Mike made a sad discovery on our regular trip down to the ponds. A young coyote drowned at the edge of the largest pond. The poor thing looked like it had walked into the water and gotten stuck. He/she was in a standing position with head bent as if looking at something on the floor of the pond. That is probably not what happened, but it was in an eerily lifelike position.

I know coyotes lure and kill small pets from the safety of their homes, and I'm sad about that. But I also grieve for this young one who died alone in the cold water. Rest easy, little one.

At the bottom of the page is a photo that I know not everyone will want to see. If you choose to look at it, please say a prayer for this little soul. Thanks.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, insights, and questions, but all is moderated before they appear. Thanks!